Sunday, January 17, 2010

Typical Dinner Typical Day...Day 2 already


I was asked about a 'typical' dinner and a 'typcal day'.  Food onboard has been good.  Too much, but good.  I find I am not hungry any more for breakfast, lunch or dinnner and definately can pass on tea and it has only been (almost) two days.  Last night was formal dinner and we started with a soft shelled crab, a great salad with rasberry vinegrette (oranges/avacados/walnuts/goat cheese).  I started eating before I remembered to take a photo...but it was good, light, fresh.  Pasta if you wanted it.. we tried it...shared it to save calories....Let's see, we forgot to order the champaign cleanser... Then Beef Wellington which had a nice cut of beef but seemed premade as opposed to homemade.  Not as good as mine....:)  And creme brulle for me ice cream for David.   I think all this food just settles in your behind during the two hour grazing.  It was formal night, so we felt the need to indulge, just this once.  Today we made a pact......salad for lunch and salad and main course only for dinner.  This is day 2..... It is very sad.

We did not go to a show last night, ball room dancers who we are told are very good.  Instead, we headed to our room to await our schedule so we could plan our second day at sea.  David fell asleep.... I watched Fox news, well lip read as it came in and out.  At around 10, I found the schedule and decided on a 'in pencil' plan for my day at sea.  Let me tell you, the pool, the sun, and a cushioned lounge chair are starting to be my favorite thing.  I figure it is still a bit cool and so perfect and soon it will be too hot to go out there. 

David was up first and once I was awake, we started our master plan for the day.  We missed stretch at 8am... drats, we missed body conditioning too...we then made plans as follows:  Typical cruise day:::Drawing, Needlepointers at the window, Lecture, lecture (two hours...great talks but too long to be sitting), beginner bridge, trivia,baggo tournament, darts, arts and crafts, fruit flambe tea, trivia, dinner, show.  We talked about starting to do the 'walk around the deck' walk as it would be good for us.  Actually, I brought it up, David wasn't that impressed with the idea. You can plan away and be busy all day.....but after lunch you bypass those great lounge chairs on the way to the baggo tournament.....so it gets really really tough.  What did I do? Days end????  Truth be told,  We both did bridge lessons.  We attended a lecture. We had lunch, those lounge chairs at the pool dragged me in, I was helplessly overtaken and David did baggo on his own...David did trivia. David did tea, David did trivia again.....ummmmmm and we are thinking of having dinner delivered.....David is going down to write down what is on the menu.  I figure there are always decisions to make and all great plans, well, as great as they sound at 10 PM or 10 AM, sometimes adjustments have to be made.  There is always tomorrow.  In a nutshell, a typical dinner and a typical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment