Thursday, January 28, 2010

So This Little Bird.....

I suspect today will feel like a long day having turned our clocks BACK again.   The sky is grey and rain taps at our windows as the ship moves up and down to the rythm of the seas.  Funny, as I was waking up and listening to the rain tapping, I also hear another more intriguing tapping at my balcony window.  What could THAT be.  We are in the middle of nowhere.  I open the curtains and see this tiny grey bird, looking forlorn, wet, and beat up by the storms around us.  I stood still and silent as I watched this tiny creaature.  He never flew away.  He just chirped and tapped.  A sole bird alone at sea....I slowly opened the balcony door, trying not to wake David.  I listen.  I watch.  I wait.  It was an amazing moment as this little guy seemed to try to tell me something....It was like....tap tap chirp iiiiiiay.....chirp tap.  Woah......  For real, I have never experienced this kind of close encounter with nature in my life.  I was stunned, motionless, as I waited.  The little bird looked at me, cocked its little head side to side and once again pecked, tapped, chirped a bit ..itsiiiiaaaay....chirp..   I know people would find this hard to believe...but once again, the bird flapped a bit, stood on one leg, then another and chirped as loudly as ever, for the whole ship to hear, I believe...."It's IAN"S BIRTHDAY!!!" he said.....Wow....I WAS impressed.  Happy Birthday Ian!  For this big day, I am passing along this little bird's best wishes.  I am having Barack give a little speach. I had Steve Jobs present a gift for your approval.  And, I had The Platters give a concert on the Ship last night.  Now, maybe I will see if the Captain can blow the horn!   But maybe the little bird already spilled the beans....

1 comment: