Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Flo.....

I do not understand blogging....at all.  I spend a great deal of time trying to move a photo of my dinner from my camera to my blog and it ends up being my desk top.  I  try to move a lovely photo of an early morning walk on deck to a new blog entry and it lands in a place called' photo gallery'.  I never knew I had a photo gallery. It takes forever to find where these photos go as I try to write a simple narrative.  Somehow the 'web', this blackhole in space, is toying with my patience.  As I try to make sense in a thing called 'blog', it laughingly sends my photos through every conceivable door in cyberspace and only God knows where they will end up.  No one tells me anything.

We are pounding our way to Papeete.  It is around 80 degrees and humid.  We get to keep an eye on world events like the elections and Haiti on our 1 tv channel..  We have had some great lectures on board from a former astronaut who is telling us all about his walk on the moon, for real, and the 'behind the scenes' stories of what it was like to be in this elite group.  He is 73 years old. One of the lectures will be proof that we really did walk on the moon and it really isn't a conspiracy.  Ha, he must be reading my mind in the back row. We had talks about history in the Pacific and have learned that the highest 'recorded' waves in this part of the world were 100 feet high.  Now they tell us,  Tonight I am going to fill our bath tub. Around 10:15 pm, as the water drains, the water 'should go' from clockwise to counter clockwise in the tub as we cross the equator.  All usefull information I am picking up on a daily basis.

I am learning FLO.....trying to encourage my A type personality to calm down and just be.  There are many choices in the daily schedule but we are narrowing it down to our comfort level and interests.  We are both walking around the deck at 7AM, then breakfast, Bridge lessons, lecture, then lunch.  I find the deck chairs really really need my full attention for a bit ater lunch.  David loves his trivia and actually, his team won a game.  From what I understand there is one team that wins every time and it is starting to 'irritate' others....:)  This afternoon, we are going to a 'Country Fair' next to the pool.  Still figuring out how to fill the days when all options exist within the limits of one ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment