Friday, February 12, 2010

YUM Factor.......9.0

Posted by Picasa
I am beginning to think this is a food blog.  These pies are every day snacks in Australia. In Sydney our guide pointed at the first meat pie stand in Sydney.  It caught my attention and I really wanted to try one but it was too far from the ship.  Today, in Kuranda, our tour group just 'happened' to meet in front of Annebelles.  Annebelles is 'famous' for their pies.  Being a good tourist, I had to give it a try.  They made a varrity of pies from steak which I tired, to kangaroo, steak and peas, chicken, and vegtable. (MMM)  Some had mashed potatoes on top,  They also had sausage rolls.  They smelled devine.  David and I shared one.  He thought it was bland but I loved it.  It reminded me of the Scottish Pies I make with the old tuna cans.  These had more gravy in them then mine.  When I get home......I have a job to do.  I have missed these. These were really really good.  It's fun to try new things in new places.  Oh, I bought a new much needed umbrella.......

1 comment: