Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hawaii

When I think 'Hawaii' my imagination goes into high gear. I am excited to go there, be there, visit. The people are nice, the waters and weather welcoming. It is just a delight to all senses to become a part of these wonderful islands for just a little while.

Well, this time, things have changed. We cancelled all of our tours and saw Hawaii from our balcony.  Bummer.

David did something to his back and ended up in a wheel chair again. We think it is a sprain of sorts. At first we thought it would just go away. When it didn't we visited the Dr. on board. Yes, your leg muscle is hard as a rock ... so he was given pain pills and two different injections and a bill for $490.  Heating pad ...$5 a day.... Never visit the Dr. on board! We thought this would do the trick but when there was no relief after three days, we went back to the Dr. She was surprised it wasn't better.  This visit was only $90.  The ship Doc recommended we head to the ER in Honolulu for a second opinion and to see if something more was going on. 

We spent a very long day in the Er having Xrays, a cat scan, and a second opinion. David braved yet another injection, more powerful then before, and added new prescriptions to help ease the pain.  We  were thinking we may have to get off  in Honolulu and end the cruise. Everything depended on what was said and found in this visit.  Our second opinion offered nothing new.  It could get better, it may not.  Good news, no surgery!  But the findings still have us hanging.... So now with 5 sea days ahead, we can rest it and see how it goes.  We have 2 weeks until New Zealand and at that point will reasses.  I have a feeling this will ease up.  A BBC on return to the ship put us both in better spirits.





I got off in Lahaina, Maui for a walk on land and to see the city.  Here is a photo I took in a t-shirt store.  Nice view!  This is what Hawaii is all about.

 I decided to have lunch with a view and this is what I saw from my table.  :)  It was a perfect day for an adventure.











As we left Beautiful- wish-I-could-stay-Hawaii, my first rainbow appeared over the mountains.  It was a bit shy and did not want to show it's brilliant colors.  So, it took a lot of my patience and wish full thinking to coax Maui out of this one. Someday I want to have my whole family here for a vacation.....:)
.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment