Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In a Heartbeat


Posted by Picasa
Would I do it again? In a Heartbeat. All of our bags are packed and sitting outside the door. They are ready to be picked up by magic elves in the night. The next time we will see them will be in Ft Lauderdale where we pick them up and show them to Customs. I so hope we are not selected for inspection. I hear if you are selected every single thing comes out of your bag to be looked at by all.

What a trip we have had! Hard to believe four months are over. It really has gone by quickly. I don't think the impact of this trip will hit us until we get home. Regent just put on a "Farewell" show with clips from some of our ports. Everyone in the audience was quiet. Wow .... Did we do that? All that? Everyday has been an adventure. Everyday something new. We are SO spoiled by the service, the food, the care. As it happens, you just go with it. When it ends, you sit back in amazement. I went around the world! Pretty amazing. Something I would wish everyone would do at some point in their lives.

Favorite port? Favorite country? Favorite tour? I know I will be asked. Please don't be upset if I can't give an answer. I loved our sail in to Komodo Island and to Ho Chi Minh City. We loved our Safari in Africa at Singita Lebombo. I loved being within feet of 5 well fed and happy lions. Africa is a place I would love to go back to and explore. The beautiful waters in French Polynesia, the Caribbean, the Great Barrier Reef  kept me spellbound on the balcony. I loved swimming with the Sting Rays and being in the warm azure crystal clear waters.  I have never seen so many colors of water all blended together. I will remember the frightening scary swelling of the seas and the outrunning of a few storms. It was a real tear jerker coming home to the Philippines where every one on this ship had family and we all reunited then said Good-Bye. We have seen so many ways of living, of being. We have had some real surprises learning about cities. Singapore, Shanghai, South Africa, Myanmar, Bagan, Togo ... all amazing places to visit. It has been fun waking up and wondering where you are. If I didn''t know the day, well that's OK. I just needed to know if it is 11 AM it's Bullion time.  Just that bit of knowledge got me through most days.  Bittersweet time.

This blog has been hard keeping up and doing but I am happy I did it, for myself to look back on and for my friends and family who were interested in coming along. We have one more dinner on board. I am looking out my window watching the ripple of the waves dance by, taking me home,  North?  I believe?  :) 

The Internet gets shut off at midnight.

They throw me off around 9 AM .........


Hmmmmm ....

I guess that means it's over. ?   ...   Hey, easy there fella!

Well, yes, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment